Block captain system
Fri, 07/03/2009 – 08:33 | by Aren Cambre
The block captain network assists in direct, personal communications to residents. Currently this is helping distrubute 4-8 publications annually and occasional assistance in membership drives.
Area and block captains and counts
|Bridget||Joe and Cathy Mathia||15|
|County Cork||Darrell Poage||18|
|Area 2: Aren Cambre|
|Tipperary (900 block)||Sylvia Randall||16|
|Tipperary (1000 block)||Jay Mosher||21|
|Area 3: Gerry Renaud|
|Galway (9500-9699)||Cindy Moore||18|
|Galway (9700-9999)||Cindy Newell||33|
|Area 4: Andrea Hosterman|
|Kilarney||Ruth Ann Funderburk||34|
|Peavy (odd numbers)||Kenneth Goines||12|
|Tranquilla (1000 block)||Eric Tinsley||11|
|Tranquilla (1100 block)||Krista de la Harpe||18|
How to distribute publications
The block captain network is not immediate. This is a multi-step, volunteer-run system. You should arrange a schedule with the block captain system coordinator and also expect up to a full week for materials to be delivered.
Publication distribution generally involves:
- Publisher contacts block captain system coordinator and schedules distribution, then the coordinator contacts emails all block and area captains to alert them to the impending delivery.
- Publisher drops materials off at coordinator’s house.
- Coordinator contacts area captains and advises of upcoming distribution.
- Coordinator divides materials into areas and distributes materials to area captains.
- Area captains contact block captains and advise of upcoming distribution.
- Area captains divide materials by block and distributes materials to block captains.
- Block captains distribute materials to homes.