Block captain system
Fri, 07/03/2009 – 08:33 | by Aren Cambre
Publication distribution and communication program comprised of one leader who owns one or more street blocks.
The block captain network assists in direct, personal communications to residents. Currently this is helping distrubute 4-8 publications annually and occasional assistance in membership drives.
Area and block captains and counts
|Bridget||Joe and Cathy Mathia||15|
|County Cork||Darrell Poage||18|
|Area 2: Aren Cambre|
|Tipperary (900 block)||Sylvia Randall||16|
|Tipperary (1000 block)||Jay Mosher||21|
|Area 3: Gerry Renaud|
|Galway (9500-9699)||Cindy Moore||18|
|Galway (9700-9999)||Cindy Newell||33|
|Area 4: Andrea Hosterman|
|Kilarney||Ruth Ann Funderburk||34|
|Peavy (odd numbers)||Kenneth Goines||12|
|Tranquilla (1000 block)||Eric Tinsley||11|
|Tranquilla (1100 block)||Krista de la Harpe||18|
How to distribute publications
The block captain network is not immediate. This is a multi-step, volunteer-run system. You should arrange a schedule with the block captain system coordinator and also expect up to a full week for materials to be delivered.
Publication distribution generally involves:
- Publisher contacts block captain system coordinator and schedules distribution, then the coordinator contacts emails all block and area captains to alert them to the impending delivery.
- Publisher drops materials off at coordinator’s house.
- Coordinator contacts area captains and advises of upcoming distribution.
- Coordinator divides materials into areas and distributes materials to area captains.
- Area captains contact block captains and advise of upcoming distribution.
- Area captains divide materials by block and distributes materials to block captains.
- Block captains distribute materials to homes.