Wed, 11/21/2007 – 23:49 | by Aren Cambre
The president has these duties and responsibilities as prescribed by the bylaws:
- Serve as chief executive officer and chief volunteer.
- Supervise and control all of the Corporation’s business and affairs and will preside at all meetings of the Board.
- Execute any deeds, mortgages, bonds, contracts, or other instruments that the Board authorizes to be executed. However, the President may not execute instruments on the Corporation’s behalf if this power is expressly delegated to another officer or agent or the Corporation by the Board, these bylaws, or statute.
- Guide and mediate Board actions with respect to the Corporation’s priorities and governance concerns.
- Serve on and chair the Board of Directors and develop Board meeting agendas with fellow directors.
- Participate in fundraising.
- Appoint committee chairpersons (in consultation with other board members).
- Serve as ex-officio member of all committees and attend committee meetings whenever invited.
- Submit a "state of the neighborhood" report in the March newsletter (there is actually no March newsletter, so the April one should suffice).
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Board and all of the duties incident to the office of President, and such other duties as may be required by law, by the Articles of Incorporation, or by these bylaws.
- Call emergency board meetings.
The President’s signature shall be an authorized signature for all checking, savings, and investment accounts of the Corporation.